So now that you have decided upon a new destination to move to and have hopefully made the right choice, you are faced with a classic dilemma. Do you get moving help or you think that nothing is better than moving by yourself ? House movers are sometimes wrongly derided as people that will overcharge and under deliver. For some reason, the bill that you expected turned out to be much higher. They asked you to pay the deposit on time but showed up a couple of hours late. Maybe you are rethinking of getting moving help from that company and are having serious stress concerning how those house movers are handling your personal property and whether it’s secure under their guardianship.
These thoughts are valid, but before you think you don’t need help moving, you quickly realize the living nightmare of heavy lifting, planning the logistics yourself and hoping your friends and family will help fill the void (but blood ties are no guarantee they will treat your belongings as you do). House movers are there for a reason, and they do more than just take off the burden of serious heavy lifting. The moving and storage industry is worth in the billions in the United States and has been steadily growing recently.
Of course, you should always do your due diligence and make sure to check the validity of the company you are working with and familiarize yourself with methods to check them. Make sure to also verify the kind of insurance that house movers provide. It is also better to deal with established and more experienced companies that have proved their credentials. Here at Jordan River East, we pride ourselves with 20 years of experience.
The economics behind this industry may or may not be sufficient to convince you to get professional moving help and hire house movers, but these facts will make you appreciate what we at Jordan River East have a serious passion for.
- Planning a move usually takes a long time – For those that do not own a home, and have the luxury of a couple of months that it usually takes to plan a move, short notice orders are common. This is especially true if you are a family that is renting their own house and has a lot of furniture to move. Given the steep rise in rental prices across major cities and often lack of stable and permanent job positions; short order notices are a frequent thing. You might think it won’t happen to you, but this is not a risk you want to take upon yourself. You need to be prepared for the inevitable often this is a burden that you cannot always take upon yourself given the stress of finding a new place and a new job. Hence, it is important to familiarize yourself with house movers in order to have in mind the moving help you need for the next move.
- International moves are becoming more common – In the light of increasing globalization, international moves are becoming much more common. Professionals often need to move constantly, and often at short notices due to the global nature of many industries. You might be surprised when your company sends you on a long-term job prospect in a country you never heard of before. This complicates the moving process since you have to now worry about paperwork related to work visas for the destination country and other things including international shipping. This means your chances of hiring moving help are increased and you need a highly professionalized company in this regard. Thankfully, we at Jordan River East have been doing this for the past 20 years.
- Moving injuries is not what you want – when thinking of the right moving help, don’t just think of how your property needs to be protected, but also make sure to protect your most valuable asset, which is your own well-being. Moving Injuries are more common than you think and can come unexpectedly. Sometimes it is better to leave the heavy lifting to the pros. House movers are trained to do just that and have trained people that will make sure your property and your health are both taken care of.
- Moving by yourself is not free either – If you think we are only charging you for the cost of the employees that move your items, you should know that the rental companies have other costs that you do not often perceive. Renting your own trucks or vans for moving can be very expensive, especially when doing so during peak moving season. Short order house moves can further complicate the process. Then you need to factor in moving equipment and the cost of packing materials that often tend to add up. Then there are the hidden costs that cannot be stressed enough. And there is no insurance claim if you yourself damage your property while moving. Debilitating injuries could probably be your worst nightmare and might bankrupt you if you are not careful while moving.
- Being prepared all year round – As mentioned previously, short term notices can be dreadful. This is more so when the weather is not supportive either. Moving doesn’t always happen on a sunny day as it may be advertised. You might have to face serious rain or snow depending on where you live. If you are caught in such a situation, however, you can trust us as we have experience in every state of the US, and understand how to give you reliable moving help in different climates.
The list is probably longer when moving day comes in. Things are uncertain in today’s world and we at Jordan River East fully understand that. Therefore we provide you the moving help that few house movers without the extensive experience that we bring to the table can provide.