Rain happens. And lately, it seems to happen a lot. But unless you’re heading into a hurricane or another extreme weather event, it is unlikely that your move will actually be rescheduled for rain. So if rainy days are in your moving day forecast, take these preventative steps to ensure the best possible move.
Your Moving Company Should Do This:
- Utilize protective materials to cover floors and surfaces to prevent damage.
- Take care to dry feet as often as possible and wipe up wet areas to avoid slips and falls.
- Avoid leaving stacks of boxes in unprotected areas.
- Use extra materials to cover furniture and large items, such as mattresses, and protect from elements.
You Should Do This:
- Keep extra materials on hand to help assist with drying wet spots in and around your home.
- Keep areas clear to provide as many safe areas to store belongings or coordinate around them.
- Leave extra time to get from place to place.
- Stay patient! Rainy days keep you inside and reduce your options. Moving days are naturally stressful–don’t let the weather get to you.
Jordan River East has great experience moving in the harsh New York winters.